.element { position:fixed; bottom:1%; right:1%; padding:10px; font-family:Arial; background:#98DBF7; border:1px solid #2FBAF6; }

miércoles, 11 de marzo de 2015

Star as lifestyle

Hello everyone, my name is Ana Góngora and this week has been my time to be the star. 

At the beginning this was the role I most fear of, due to the fact that I thought it was going to be as shameful as difficult but then I realised it was not. When we first started to think about ideas for the topic of “The dark side of text books” we thought that the Info graphic could be OK but then... we run out of good ideas about how to do it (maybe because we were a bit disconnect due to the fact that was the birthday of one of our partners) so I was a little bit worried about what we were going to do. In this moment of concern Maria suggested that it could be better to do a comic and then, like in a film, Lucia and I said at the same time... WE COULD BE THE CHARACTERS! And so we did, with the astonishing skill of Lucia at photography and editing we spend the whole afternoon getting our comic ready.

It is important to take into account that we had previously read all the information and this time it was not necessary to do a speech (as normally stars do) I only needed to have clear ideas. Even thought I am a really meticulous girl so I preferred to concrete a list of advantages, disadvantages and alternatives of books.

The night before Monday I was really nervous (as my colleagues when they were stars I supposed) so I started to talk with the stars of other groups and sharing information because... Oh! I forget to said this week Linda prepared us a really new activity. She only told us that we were going to be in a museum! This is the reason why I previously said that I hadn’t the obligation to prepare a speech. The rest of stars and I were anxious because we had no idea about what Linda could ask us.

Monday arrived with more nervous and a big coffee in the morning (to be as awake as possible). The class started and all the stars take our site in thought the class near to our information (in my case the comic). We couldn’t say anything if the “visitors” do not ask us. In my case I supposed the comic was quite clear due to the fact that only a few people asked me about what ThePowerPuffTeachers wanted to say with it. The bad side of this activity is that I couldn’t enjoy the work of my colleagues because I had to stay in my place.


As my final reflection I would like to say that the star is not a bad or difficult role, you have to be conscious about the importance of the role and have clear ideas about the topic but everyone can do it. Especially this week we have display that the whole class can be incredible and because of that Linda had congratulate us. 


Here you can see our comic in English and Spanish.

This is me in the "museum"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario